SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Friday, December 10, 2010

The Twenty Third Day Christmas Celebration

We had a family Christmas party tonight.  I sure missed Brett and Shay and thier family as well as Mariann and Daron and thier family.  Jill and Daniel and thier family also were unable to make it because Jack is giving Jill a run for her money.  Anyway, we went walking around temple square to look at the lights.  It was really busy.  I love being on temple square right when the lights come on in the evening because it isn't as busy then.  But I can't remember the last time I was able to do that with so many of my family.  It wasn't even that cold. 

Then we went back to my social room and had food and fun.  I had made some chicken salad sandwiches, pulled pork, and crab wontons.  They were all good.  Plus there were all kinds of desserts.  We ate and talked.  Then we decorated some gingerbread houses.  Dad and Janet were the judges.  Everyone just teamed up with whoever they wanted to.  See the pictures.  There were many people quite proud of their houses.  I loved them. 

We also played a few games.  The couples had to wrap a gift together using only one of thier hands, while the other was around thier spouse.  Then they competed against another couple to see who could wrap it the fastest.  It was fun to see thier coordination and communication. 

The children built snowmen.  What I did was sprinkle cotton balls on the floor and had Zack and Jake sit on the couch.  The children had to pick up the snowballs (cottonballs) using only a wooden spoon and then put it on thier snowman.  They could only pick up three and then they had to trade off and give the spoon to another child on thier team.  Or they only had 30 sec and then they had to trade anyway.  The snowman who had the most snowballs on him at the end of the game was the winner.  Fun times. 

The best part for me anyway was when I was sitting and talking with the children around me.  (Most of them anyway).  I asked them who wanted to share their testimony.  Almost all of them did.  And what sweet little testimonies they were.  I was impressed with thier strong spirits and with what they knew and also with thier wonderful parents who teach them so well.  It really touched my heart to hear them share with me what they know to be true.  That made my night.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! Wish we could have been there! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete