SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Friday, December 31, 2010

The 44th Day Christmas Celebration

It is New Years Eve and I can't beleive another year is gone and that my 50 Days of Christmas Celebration are winding down.  I have had so much fun with my family.  Today I went to see my new little nephew.  He is so cute.  I call him Jack, my Daddy calls him Tax, and my sister, whose baby it is, calls him Levi.  His sisters and brother call him Bob or Little Zach.  So this cute new little one has many names but one thing is for sure.  We are glad that he is here and that all are healthy. 

Took a walk with my Daddy today.  I love just having the chance to stop by my parents house and visit with them anytime I want.  I missed that for years living in AZ so I am cherishing it now. 

Tonight I am going out with Janet, my sister, and Janet, our friend.  Eating and dancing is what we have planned.  To tell the truth I am not really wanting to go out, but it is the thing to do.  It is snowing today.  I can't explain how much I love the snow.  It makes everything look magical. 

The one thing that makes me sad about this holiday is that so many people take all the Christmas stuff down right afterwards and I hate to see it go.  Already in the stores there are things for valentine's day.  Let's not rush it.  Let's let the Spirit of Christmas linger. 

I was reading Jesus the Christ today and just marveling at God's plan and at His Son.  Aren't we blessed to have a knowledge of these things and to feel of thier love.  I hope people feel it.  I hope people seek it.  It is there, all around us.  So I am wishing everyone I love and very blessed year.  May you make it your best year yet.  It is in your power to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment