SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Twenty Sixth Day Christmas Celebration

Tonight I went to the Hale Center Theater for the production of Dicken's Christmas Carol.  What a great story with such a wonderful moral.  It really makes me think about change and how it is possible for all of us to change.

I went home and had some tamales for dinner.  When I was young my parents had another tradition- they called it something like Christmas Around the World.  Each Monday night in Dec. for FHE, they would teach us how people celebrated Christmas in different parts of the world.  Holland, Mexico, Russian, Germany, etc.  We would eat something from that country or involve ourselves in some of thier Christmas customs.  It was fun.  When I lived in AZ, Phoenix had a TAMALE festival around this time of year.  I would go to it and sample all the wonderful kinds of Tamales that they served there.  I would also buy a number of them frozen so I could take them home and enjoy them through the holiday.  Hence, I had to have some tamales this year as well.  I bought some pork ones and some chicken ones.  I like the chicken ones better.  Tamales are not something I would try to make.  They are a bit tempermental if you ask me because the masa has to be just right.  But that is how I celebrated and it was a good celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment