SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Monday, December 20, 2010

The 33rd Day Christmas Celebration

This morning it was raining.  There is still not enough snow according to me.  But I will take the snow and the rain over the sun and warm anyday and especially this time of year.  I got up early on my first day off from work and went walking around the mall with my Daddy.  We would do this all the time when I would come up here to visit from AZ.  It is particularlly nice to know that I can do it now more often then I could then.  It is nice to have my Daddy all to myself and just talk with him.  That is the best.  So we walked around the mall and listened to the Christmas music and discussed all kinds of things.  We also looked for these hidious Christmas decorations that Fashion Place Mall used to put up every year.  They were these horrific plant looking reindeer.  They were actually scary!  Every year those horrid looking decorations would make there appearance and my Daddy and I would laugh at how awful they were.  But thankfully this year, they are not there.  It is funny to see what some people think are great decorations and some are not so great.


In fact my Mom and Dad used to have a reindeer's head that was a door hanging and it would make some kind of noise or something.  I thought it was a crazy thing to hang up, but they seemed to love it.  So out it would come every Christmas season.  There are probably things in my house that people think are strange or creepy.  Nah- Never mind.  Not at my house!


I celebrated tonight by going with some friends to walk around temple square and eat at the Roof.  It is one of my favorite places to dine.  I love all they have in thier buffet but the atmosphere is really the thing that adds to it all.  We had window seats and ate tons.  The chocolate covered stawberries were, of course, one of my favorites.  I used to go with my family and last year it was just Annie and myself because we were celebrating memorizing some big things.  I think it is so festive and fun.


I had crepes as my treat today.  Stuffed with a cream cheese, whipped cream, raspberry mixture they were wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment