SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The 32nd Day Christmas Celebration

I celebrated Christmas today with Music.  I had the wonderful chance to participate in my ward choir and we were singing for Sacrament meeting.  Our choir director had picked out some beautiful music and it was fun to sing there in the JSMB.  That place is so beautiful and the accustics are wonderful.  So we sounded better than what we really could manage on our own.  Then I went down and heard my neice Anna and my nephew Jake sing in their ward chior.  They had a director that writes music and the songs they had selected were beautiful as well.  I really think Christmas music always sounds better because I still think that there are angels rejoicing and singing over Christ's brith here on earth.  And I am certain that they join in when those kinds of songs are sung.  I love singing. 

I also filled my home with music.  Some of my favorite Christmas albums are Jon Schmit, Diamond Rio- the Star still shines, She Daisy - A Brand New year, Kenny G's holiday albumn, and there is one other I love, but I can't think of it right now.  Anyway- that music brings excitement, fun, peace and joy into my life at this time of year.  I hope you are enjoying the songs of the season as well.  I love that it seems to be played almost everywhere. 

I am making burbon chocolate bites today.  (no not with real burbon of course).  I can't wait to see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment