SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Saturday, December 18, 2010

The 31st day Christmas Celebration

Today was my family Christmas party.  I totally missed Brett and Shay's family and Mariann and Daron's family as well as Elder Rasmussen.  I hope they know how much I love and miss them.  But I understand the living far from home part, so I hope they are partying it up where they live.

Everyone made something to contribute to the party.  There were little smokies, two kinds of soup, relish tray, seafood dip, cheese and crackers, spinach pinwheels (I made those out of puff pastry- it was my daily Christmas treat), caramels, candy cane coffee cake, brownies and cupcakes, and many other treats.  So much good food.  Mom asked people if they wanted to share a talent.  Nix sang Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, Fred played the piano, Scarlett sang Away in a Manger, Jake played his guitar, Annie played the violin, BooBoo told us how she trained her dog to shake hands, and there were many others.  I love seeing my family and who they are growning into.  Of course there was also a white elephant.  It is always fun.  Way back a couple of years there was a fertility god (statue) that was given out at the white elephant.  It seems that it really worked too because whoever got it for Christmas either had a baby or got married the next year.  Then one year I got it.  I think I broke it cause nothing happened.  LOL

Later, after the party, my sister, my friend Janet, and I went out dancing.  It was an ok dance.  You got to just go and have fun though.  We laughed and overall had a good time.

Thought for the season. "The Spirit of Christmas illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world's busy life and become more interested in poeple and things.  To catch the real meaning of the spirit of Christmas, we need only to drop the last syllable and it becomes the Spirit of Christ."  (Pres. Thomas S. Monson, Ensign Dec. 1995,2)

No comments:

Post a Comment