SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Saturday, December 25, 2010

The 38th Day Christmas Celebration

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Let me just start by saying that it is nice to spend some time in my home little home on Christmas.  I have loved always the fact that my parents are so welcoming but I also like being in my little home I created and enjoying the spirit that is there.  This is the first time in years that I have been in my home for Christmas and I liked it. 

Yesterday, Christmas Eve, I loved finishing gifts and wrapping them and baking and enjoying beautiful music.  In fact there is a Catholic Church just down the street from me and right around midnight as Christmas was approaching, their bells sounded and it was beautiful.  I loved hearing them.  Of course having my windows open sure helped captrue that sound.  It was a beautiful way to usher in the Christmas holiday. 

Today I read a bit from Jesus the Christ and from my scriptures.  I also visited family, spoke to friends, and of course baked.  I baked a wonderful orange bread pudding and some raspberry crapes.  I took them to my parents house for Christmas dessert. 

The star cookies that I made the other day were so good that I wanted to share the recipe.  it is so simple.  You just have to locate the chocolate stars at the grocery store first.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix with a spoon
1 cup soften butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup of quick oats
1 teasp. almond extract.
roll into small balls (smaller than an inch)
place a chocolate star on top and bake for about 6 min. 
You don't really want them to get brown on the edges or they are too done.  YOu want them to stay soft and since there is no egg in them, you can cook them for only 6 or 7 minutes to just set them up and they are good to go.  So wonderful.

I received a number of very thoughtful gifts from my family members and friends.  I so love them and i hope they know how much I appreciate them.  My sister in law, Shay made me this beautiful ornament and two fabulously stiched stockings.  (I love that she gave me too, showing the faith that one day I will find my other half).  They even sent candy for me to fill the stockings with.  My sister Cheri gave this tasty box of goodies beautifully wrapped.  In it she had placed these scrumptous red velvet cupcakes and hand made peppermint patties.  They were great.  I will need to put a picture of these things on my blog here so you can see them. 

I have not as yet opened all of my gifts.  For me Christmas isn't about the gifts, but people are so thoughtful that I have been the blessed reciepient of some and so I choose to open them only occassionaly to help the season last longer.  I love what Scrooge is know to have said after his great metamorphisis, "I WILL HONOR CHRISTMAS IN MY HEART AND TRY TO KEEP IT ALL YEAR."  That is what I would like to do as well.

So thank you to all who have helped make my Christmas a wonderfully "full of love and joy" time of year.

PS.  I still have a few more days left in my Christmas celebration.  So don't go away.

1 comment: