SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The 39th Day Christmas Celebration

This morning I woke up and had the beautiful chance to hear music and the spoken word.  It is such a beautiful way to start a Sunday.  The Christmas decor is still up and they still did a Christmas message with Christmas music.  They also had the bells on Temple Square there joining the orchestra.  Church was a wonderful experience as well.  The speaker did a good job and I remembered reading something in the New Era that morning that stirred some thoughts about Christmas. 

The Christmas story is a story of deleverance.  It is story about how the birth of Christ provides deliverance for us in many ways.  Because Christ was born we are delivered from sin and death.  But there is more.  The story of Christ's birth also tells us about ways in which others were, in all reality, delivered from other things.  Mary was delivered from her pain.  The Nephites in America who believed in the signs spoken of by the prophets were delivered from danger and being put to death.  The shepherds were delivered from fear and many more examples are also contained there in.  It made me think of how many things the Savior has delivered me from.  I don't think I thank the Lord for that enough, for deliverance.  But I am thankful that because of the birth of Jesus Christ we can and are delivered in so many ways.  I love my Savior.

So my celebration continues.  I made raspberry ribbon dessert and also pumpkin pie, which was pretty tasty if I do say so myself.  Hope your Christmas celebration is continuing as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment