SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Friday, December 24, 2010

The 37th Day Christmas Celebration

"Giving, not getting, brings to full bloom the Christmas Spirit.  Enemies are forgiven, friends remembered , and God obeyed."  Pres. Thomas S. Monson

Instead of asking people what they got for Christmas, maybe we should ask people what they GAVE for Christmas. 

"The Son of God, He who was the great Jehovah and condecended to be born in Bethlehem's manger; he who went about doing good, blessing and healing the people; he who gave his life on Calvary's cross in the great atoning sacrifice; he who rose from the dead the third day. He lives and sits on the right hand of His Father.  He is our Lord, our Redeemer, our guide, our helper, and our friend, through whose Atonement there has been opened the gate of immortality and eternal life.  This is a beautiful and blessed season.  Let us rejoice in the Lord Jesus Christ and in His most basic of teachings--to do good always."  Gordon B. Hinckley, Ensign, Dec. 1994, 5

I know this to be true.  Through the Atonement and life of my Savior Jesus Christ I am able to do all things that Heavenly Father asks of me.  I know that Jesus Christ really is the Son of God.  I love Him and I am thankful that Heavenly Father in His goodness and love gave His Son to us and sent Him to earth.  I would invite all of us to ponder on our thoughts of Them and then take opportunities to share those thoughts and feelings with those around us. 

I am going to make some chocolate star cookies today.  They are so simple if you can find a place to buy the chocolate stars,  I will have to put the recipe on here for all to try.  Merry Christmas.  My goal is to say it to as many people as I can today.  So Merry Christmas to you!!

BTW- lots of people feel disappointment after tomorrow comes because to them the celebration is over.  However, mine is not.  I am not going to let it end.  I am going to continue celebrating, at least officially for a number more days.  Then I am going to continue trying to celebrate all year long.  The season is not over.  It is just in full swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment