SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Twentieth Day Christmas Celebration

That last riddle was Silver Bells. Here is another one.  “Query regarding identity of descent”.   I love words puzzles.  In fact I love all kinds of puzzles.  I need to find a good one to do this Christmas season. 
You know what else I love at Christmas time?  Those sappy Christmas shows that come on TV this time of year.  I think I am a verifiable Sap.  My mom and I have watched a number of them together.  I think they are sweet and sentimental cause everything seems to work out in those movies even though there is some sort of tragedy or trial.  I also love the shows aimed at little children, you know, Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, Santa Clause is coming to Town, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, etc.  Life time channel, Hallmark Channel, and even the Family Channel have so many wonderful shows going on practically all the time.  But one thing has me wondering.   Why in the world are the Harry Potter movies considered Christmas shows?  Don’t get me wrong.  I love the Harry Potter Books.  I am such a fan, but what have they got to do with Christmas?  Halloween maybe, but Christmas, REALLY?
For the ward party this weekend we are trying to have a number of Nativities displayed.  There are so many unique ones.  My sisters and I have fond memories of my Mom’s nativity and having it always displayed at Christmas.  One year, my sister Janet, hid the baby Jesus and we couldn’t find it for some time.  It was eventually discovered in the Refridgerator.  I don’t know why. 
Anyway, speaking of nativities, we should also be like Joseph.  I think he gets overlooked at times.  But he chose to do what was right even when his community would have misunderstood.  He had to endure doubts and ridicule of others as he tried to raise his family according to the plan of God.  What man.  He was able to do all of this because he trusted in God and followed revelation he had received.  We should try t be more like him as we seek revelation and follow it, as we endure the doubts or ridicule of those around us simply because we are trying to protect and raise our families according to the plan of God.  Joseph has been on my mind today.  As well as my Daddy.  I think my daddy is like Joseph in many ways. 
I made oreo truffles to day.  They are so simple and really good.  Just take a soften block of cream cheese and a crushed up package of oreos.  (You would want to put the oreos through a food processor.)  Then blend them together with your beaters.  Chill for a hour.  Then mold into little balls and dip in melted chocolate.  So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment