SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Eigtheenth Day Christmas Celebration

I started out my day at the practice of Music and the Spoken Word, and then went to Church with my Mom and Dad (something I love to do).  Elder Bednar was speaking to their stake.  What a privilege.  And wouldn’t you know it, because it was such a marvelous opportunity, My Daddy was the first one there at the Church building.  He is such an example to me.  Then I went to my ward for Sacrament meeting and for choir practice.  After that I had a meeting for the planning of the ward party.  When I finally got home at 2:30pm (having been gone since 8 am) I noticed something on my Apt. door.  There on my door was a ticket to go to the Conference Center for the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.  I was so excited.  I don’t know who blessed me with that wonderful gift but I loved it so much and my thanks and appreciation goes out to whoever it was!  Thank you.  Thank you.  My sister and her family were also going so I go to sit with them.  It is such a neat thing to sit at the feet of a prophet of God.  It was a beautiful, spiritual experience.  I invite everyone who didn’t get a chance to hear the messages of that night to check it out online at www.lds.org.
The other day I was thinking about how Christ is represented by everything in the Nativity, but my thoughts didn’t stop there.  I remember learning once about how since everything in it represents Christ and how since we are trying to be like Christ, everything should also represent us.  Let’s start with the STAR.    We should be like that star- in our proper place and orbit, on time, putting our talents to work, doing what we have been asked to do.  God has placed us in our proper human orbits with the same precision He used as He placed that star in a certain trajectory ages before it shone brightly that night.  Like that star, we too must reflect the glory of God and not seek to shine for our own sake.  What other thoughts do you have about how we should be like the star?  I know this is true and that we are really placed to help point others to the Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment