SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The 35th day CHristmas Celebration

Today I was in the baking mood and really decided to go for it.  I made creamy caramel brownies.  They were so smooth and yummy.  Then I made my "To Die for Chocolate Cookies".  They are my own creation and I love them.  I still need to tweek them a bit but they are a chocolate base cookie and they have white chocolate morsels, dark chocolate chunks, semi sweet chips, and milk chocolate chips in them.  So So good. 

My house was smelling all lovely and festive.  I had some friends over in the evening just to chit chat (BTW- I had that word.  "chit" - I mean what the devil is "chit". You never just hear people use the word chit.  Anyway- )  and catch up.  I was finishing some cranberry orange bread when they came over so we kind of finished it up together and stuck it in the oven and sat down to talk.  I started to smell something that was burning.  I looked in the oven and the cranberrry orange bread had oozed over the sides and was burning on the bottom of the oven.  That never happened before. 

It was so smokey and made the bread look off color and taste a bit like smoke.  It was kind of a disappointment.  The other disappointment came when the beautiful smell I had created in my home had been replaced with the smokey smell from the oven.  All that hard work burnt away in mere minutes.  

Oh well.  It was kind of funny.  After my friends left I went to the store and bought more ingredients so I could make more cranberry orange bread.  It turned out really good.  I needed it to be done tonight because I want to pass it out tomorrow.  Oh what fun!

Hope yoru days of baking and sharing goodies are going well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment