SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Thirteenth Day Christmas Celebration

Most people are a little sad or let down after Christmas Day is actually over.  For me it isn't just the actual day that makes the season great but all the little things you can enjoy as a prelude to that special day.  That's why these little daily Christmas celebrations are just right for me.  I love and enjoy all the little things that happen each and every day during the season.  Like tonight is the Rockefeller Christmas tree lighting.  I wish I was still back in NYC for that.  (My friend Lynette and I had planned to go back there this year, but then I moved and our plans never went through, but someday) I have never actually seen it lit in person but I still enjoy the music and the celebration that goes along with it.  As I sit and watch it tonight I am going to wrap gifts and write my Christmas cards.  Now I know that not everyone has time to do all these things, but there must be something about today that will bring the Christmas spirit into your home and into your heart.  Whatever that is enjoy it.  Relish it. 

One of my favorite Christmas time sayings is that "Wise men still seek Him."  I love to look for the Savior's hand in my life.  I need to do this better.  I know I miss much of what He really does for me.  This verse of a Christmas hymn reminds me to look for Him more.
"And our eyes at last shall see him, Through His own redeeming love; For that child so dear and gentle, Is our Lord in heav'n above.  And He leads his children on, to the place where He is gone." Once in Royal David's city.

The treat of the day is CRANBERRY MACADAMIA BARS (very good)
1 pouch of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/3 cup melted butter
1 egg
Mix together with a spoon and press into a 9x9 greased pan.  Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
Place these ingredients in a pan on the stove and stir over med heat until it comes to a boil.  Spoon it over the cookie crust base.
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Sprinkle the nuts over the cranberry mix.  Bake the bars another 10 minutes until golden brown.  Let it cool completely.
1/2 cup whilte chocolate baking chips
1 teaspoon oil
Combine these two ingredients in a freezer plastic bag and place in the microwave on high for 30 to 45 sec., squeexing the bag every 15 sec. until chips are melted and smooth.  Snip a small hole in the corner of the bag and drizzle this white chocolate mixture over the bars.  Then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment