SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The First Day Christmas Celebration

As I was listening to Christmas music today I heard the song that says, "and we need a little Christmas, right this very minute, need a little Christmas....." As I thought about that, I decided that we don't need a LITTLE Christmas, we need A LOT of Christmas.  Doesn't the world need a bit more peace, and love, and cheer, that this Holiday brings?  Couldn't we use a lot more giving and sharing, and loving.  Don't we need a lot more focus on Christ?  I sure think so.  So I think we need a lot of Christmas.  Like the Christmas hymn that says "Shepherds, why this jubilee?  Why your joyous strains prolong?  What the gladsome tidings be Which inspire your heav'nly song?"  The shepherds and the angels were joyful at the news of Christ's coming and we should be too.  He came and He will come again.  So, let's really celebrate this news with A LOT of Christmas. 

I made some caramel turtle cookies today.  They turned out ok.  I haven't been eating sugar for the past month and a half so it was a little strange to have such a sweet cookie.  But they were fun to make that is for certain.  I like having things I can share with friends.  It was fun to take them to work the next day and pass them out.  But the thing I loved most was just the fun it was to have Christmas music in the background, the wonderful smell of baking all through my home and the thoughts of how my mom used to bake like this at the holidays.  What a tradition.  Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment