SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Fourth Day Christmas Celebration

On Sunday when I woke up it was snowing.  It had started the night before but was still coming down in the morning and everything was covered in white. Have you ever notice how quiet it becomes when it is softly snowing, and how much lighter everything seems.  Even when you wake in the middle of the night, if is snowing or has snowed, the whiteness seems to make even the night brighter.  That is so enjoyable to me.  It reminds me of my favorite Christmas song.  I think it is sung by Vince Gill and his son.  It says, "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.  Let there be peace on earth, the peace that was meant to be.  With God as our Father, brother's all are we.... Let there be peace on earth, let this be my solemn vow."  It goes on.  But I the message is so meaningful.  Peace should begin with me.  I feel so blessed to have peace in my life.  Peace that comes from living in this country, peace with my family, peace in my heart because of the love of God, and the peace that the Spirit brings because of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment