SLC temple at Christmas

SLC temple at Christmas
The Nativity and the Temple- what a great connection

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Sixth Day Christmas Celebration

Have I mentioned how much I like the snow?  I love it.  Last night we had a blizzard.  It started blowing and snowing in the early evening and then continued till about 11:30pm.  I spent that time baking Raspberry, blueberry, chocolate bars and then I cuddled up on the couch with my great view of the storm out the big windows of my balcony.  The snow coming down is such a thrill for me.  It also got down to about 9 degrees last night.  But I love the cold too, so I kept with tradition and slept with my sliding glass door open there in my bedroom.  I just piled on the covers and enjoyed the cold.  I slept so well.  People think I am crazy, and I probably am, but this is so new to me (after 12 years in the AZ heat it would be).  Anyway.  I never turned on my heat in AZ during the winter.  I would even open the windows and let my house get as cold as it would get in AZ.  I decided that I am going to keep that tradition and not turn on my heat here in UT this winter either.  I even made a small wager with an AZ friend that I would go the whole winter without it on. So far so good.  I just bundle up in my big robe and pink fuzzy slippers and enjoy it.  I make myself a cup of warm milk, throw on a blanket and read a good book.  It makes me happy to the point of giddiness.  So I guess I am crazy.  Cause that is just weird.
I am spending Thanksgiving in NYC.  I love the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade.  I can’t wait to be there for this holiday.  What fun.  I swear that I am just drawn to that city.  I bet I live there in a couple of years. 
Anyway, I was thinking about Thanksgiving and I thought that maybe the greatest blessings aren’t those things we GET, but the things we get to BECOME.  I mean, we all know that we don’t get to take anything with us when we die.  We only really take with us what we have become.  And, What an amazing thing to be able to become something better than we are currently.  Each day we have chances presented to us to help us become a better people, if we choose to do so.  And I know it is only though the power of Jesus Christ that we can become anything good at all.  So with all the blessing we get, let us focus on the way those things can help us improve and become more like the Savior Jesus Christ, for in the end that is what will really bring the greatest blessings of all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it got so COLD for you! I was just thinking of when you came to visit. It's been almaost a year. That's crazy! You would have LOVED the storm we got tonight. Hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving in NYC! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete